Here is just a small taste of what awaits you:
- Shaping, draping, sketching
- Color theory and textile technology
- Fashion and art history
- Fashion design, cutting, processing techniques, textile design
- Collection development, fashion illustration
- Fashion trends, analysis
- Digital communication
- Practical projects, in-depth practice reference through company co-operation
A creative, artistic teaching approach with individual support and small groups is key. The course is material and results-oriented and promotes sensitivity to both cultures as well as environmental factors.
See your designs on the catwalk
The highlight of the course year is the annual fashion show in the summer semester, which runs parallel to Berlin Fashion Week. Students work all year to present their own haute-couture designs. You can look forward to your first catwalk show and feel the goose bumps on your arms as the models display your designs for the first time to a real live audience.
During the course of the studies there are also possibilities to attend workshops in Freiburg or Paris and to make contact with company representatives directly at each location. Taking part in joint projects with students from the Paris or Nantes locations is also possible and there are also opportunities to spend a semester on either French campus.
Your professional prospects after graduation
The practice-oriented study offers a direct path to various professional creative opportunities covering fashion, design, lifestyle, art, trends and visualization, such as:
- Designer for fashion companies and labels
- Designer at publishing houses, galleries or editorial offices
- Stylist in the film, television or theater business
- Trend-scout for media, art and interior design companies
- Art director for design and photo agencies
- Fashion writer and illustrator for magazines and publishers
- A self employed fashion designer
The Atelier Chardon Savard teaching methods not only teach subjects related to the fashion world, but also methods and approaches to help you gain a foothold in all areas of design.
- French styled studies with fashion insiders
- state-recognized Macromedia University bachelor's degree
- International network connecting you to the big names of the fashion world
- Experienced professors and lecturers from the fashion industry
- Very practice orientated through practical study projects
- Good job-entry opportunities through internship at the end of studies