To join the Fashion Design B.A. course, you need the following:
- A certified secondary education certificate (i.e. High School Diploma, GCSE, O-level). School leaving certificates must be officially approved as being equivalent, where necessary.
- A recognized certificate of English proficiency (TOEFL with at least 71 out of 120 points or IELTS, at least 5 out of 9).
- Your portfolio
- An online admission interview.
- Online assessment that consists of 3 creative tasks
There is no set grade level required to be admitted to each course, but the application procedure comprises three steps:
Step 1: Admission Check
Atelier Chardon Savard offers an admission check of foreign secondary education certificates free of cost. Before submitting the application documents, applicants may request a check of their foreign certificates at the Student Advisory Service to verify that they meet the admission standards. Applicants may contact the Student Advisory Service for detailed questions about the recognition of foreign certificates: firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2: Submit Full Application
Submit full application with all required documents by email to email@example.com
Please add your portfolio together with a sworn statement in which you confirm that you have created all your work samples by yourself and without any help.
Step 3: Artistic Tasks (online) and Admission Interview (online)
- After the full application has been submitted, all documents are reviewed by Atelier Chardon Savard. Successful applicants will be contacted by the Student Advisory Service and will be invited to an online assessment and an online admission interview.
- The online assessment consists of 3 artistic tasks, which must be completed and returned within 48 hours. After the completed tasks, applicants will be invited to an online admission interview (45-60 min, usually via Skype) with a member of the Student Advisory Service and a professor of the respective subject area.
- Applicants without a certified secondary education certificate (entrance qualification for Universities/Universities of Applied Sciences) or equal qualification and tertiary education certificates, may be admitted after having proven their particular artistic talent on a further online interview via Skype. During the Skype appointment, the applicant will be first interviewed about his/her motivation for a design career and the desire to study with us. In the second section of the interview, applicants will be asked questions on general knowledge.
- The faculty of hKDM/Atelier Chardon Savard make the final decision on admission based on the 3 artistic tasks, the personal motivation and the admission interview.
- If the application procedure is successful, Atelier Chardon Savard shall send to you a letter of offer for a university place and the necessary enrolment form. Please return this form within 14 days after reception. When we have received your filled and signed enrolment form, we shall send to you a Confirmation of Admission.
Financing your studies
The Fashion Design bachelor course from hKDM University (Hochschule für Kunst, Design und Populäre Musik Freiburg, University of Arts and Applied Sciences) and Atelier Chardon Savard is state-approved and accredited, but not funded by the German state. Therefore, a tuition fee of 3,900 EUR will be charged per semester.
Partial scholarships are available. If you fulfil either the criteria for the need-based or for the merit-based scholarship, you are welcome to apply. You can find more information in the Scholarship Application Form.
Contact us by telephone: +49 30 20215120
Contact us by via WhatsApp
This is how it works:
- Enter +49 176 15098602
- Save as contact
- Text us your questions via WhatsApp
Please contact us from Monday to Friday between 10 am and 6 pm (CET).
Write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org